Hey everyone!
Our teaching pool is getting bigger which has been a huge blessing the last couple of weeks. We've spent a lot of time looking for people- checking on part member and less active members and contacting and tracting. I don't remember what I have shared with all of you already, so I thought I'd give a brief summary of the past little while and then start fresh with what's going on this transfer.
Past Little While:
John is now moved to Arizona but we still talk on the phone a few times a week. John is amazing. He has quit smoking since he got to Arizona. He used to smoke 8+ a day and now nothing! Miracles do happen....it seems like daily for John! He is coming into town next week which I am super excited about!
Ryan moved to Mission Valley and hasn't returned any calls from us. It is hard when you see someone get so close and then they fall away. He has the ward and mission info for his new place so it truly is up to him whether or not he will choose to act. He has his agency.
We had to drop our Filipino investigator Loreto because someone from his old church convinced him not to listen to us anymore and he won't answer the phone or the the door anymore for us-sad...
This Transfer:
Things started out a bit rough because everyone moved or we dropped them because they weren't progressing. There were a few days of lows but the Lord has blessed us. We have a bunch of new investigators:
Lillian and family (4 kids)...We found Lillian and her family when we were checking on a potential investigator who had moved. Lillian was living there now. She let us in right then and we talked to her a bit about the Book of Mormon and she told us to come back. We did and taught the Restoration. They all had a lot of questions about Mormons. They watch a lot of incorrect tv documentaries. They are from Congo, Africa!!! They are a beautiful family and all of the kids are so awesome and ask great questions. Jessica is 14-15, Brandon is 11, Joey is 10ish, and Marcel is 7-8. We haven't met her husband yet. They asked about church too! The hard part is that Lillian works full time and is going to school so we haven't found another time to go back yet but we did talk to Brandon about the Book of Mormon outside last time and gave him something to read! I'm excited for this family!
Veronica...we found Veronica at the park. We just walked up and started talking to her. She is in her late 60's and from Nigeria. She was so excited to hear that Christ visited the Americas too. She'd never heard that before and was eager to hear more. We sat and taught her right there and are meeting her again tomorrow!
One day this week we got 3 addresses and phone numbers to go back and teach people in a row. It was awesome- this never happens!
Last Wednesday we got a call in the morning from a lady asking if we could meet her at the park later and pray for her. I said sure which probably wasn't the smartest thing to do but I felt good about it. We showed up and come to find out Latasha was baptized 5 years ago and hasn't really been active. Her dad is a baptist minister and she's been going to a baptist church for awhile. She wasn't on our ward roster so we were excited to find her. We have been teaching her and she really is doing well. I don't think she ever gained a testimony but will soon! We still have no idea how she got our phone number but hey!!!! we'll take it!!!!!
Anicita is a Filipino woman we met while checking about her son Lee. He isn't ever home or really interested so we started teaching her. We gave her the book of mormon in Tagalog and came back a week or so later and she was already in Mormon! She can't sleep at night so she reads!!!! How awesome is that? We have our Tagalog speaking friend Marlin come with us and apparently she believes the book is true because it makes her feel good- yehaw!!!!! That is what I say when I get hear something like this!!!! She is praying about being baptized.
We also found Tom and Kylie while looking for a potential who had moved and they were the move ins. He was way nice to us and said we could come back. They are young with 2 little girls. They are Catholic and had talked to mormons before. He had all sorts of hard questions which we are going back to answer later next week. It's cool because they are a couple that when you look at them they just fit in. You can just tell with some people that they will be converted....they have that ready look (Hint, if any of your neighbors move, send missionaries there it seems to work!)
So many opportunities to teach and share have come our way as we've worked our buns off. It's rad!
The weather is so beautiful but it is already starting to get hot some days and I'm not sure how fun summer is going to be. I am proud to report that I already have a missionary farmer's tan!!! Oh, so we were walking by a bunch of bushes the other day at an apartment complex and I got that"uh oh, somethings not right feeling" and sure enough I look down and 2 feet in front of me is this snake/lizzard looking thing. It was nasty. It was seriously a mix of a snake and lizzard and it blended in perfectly with the wood chips. Ugh.......that's all I have to say..... ugh.....heebie jeebies.... My companion was fairly entertained by the whole episode. Oh and Sister Bair, an older lady in our ward was all decked out in hearts for Valentines Day and kept coming over to us to give us hugs all throughout church. I'm getting braver and trying to let down my perfectionist guard a little bit. I think you'll all find I'm changing but don't worry, not too much.
Well, I love you all! Thanks for everything... Sad to report that I ran out of time to hunt down any girl scouts last p-day. So much for my thin mints. Well I love you all. Thanks for the prayers- keep em' coming!
Sister London
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment