Hi!!! Well, the rain stopped!!!! Back to my beautiful San Diego weather. The Overlie family sealing this week was so amazing. Sister Overlie was sealed to her parents, then to her husband, and then to her 4 children. It was so great. Those 4 little hooligans have become really close to me and I love them. Seeing them all dressed in white kneeling at the alter with their parents was a sight I will never forget. I bawled like a baby- no big surprise! Ryan's baptism didn't happen because he isn't quite ready but I have faith in him. DeAndre is still my favorite buddy. That kid is amazing. Even though we had to turn him over to the Elders to teach (because he is under 30 so in singles branch) we still see him and eat lunch with him fairly often. He asks us great questions and accepts the answers so willingly. We talk as if he will be a member and just say things like "when you go on your mission" and "when you get married in the temple" and he doesn't disagree but just goes with it. The other day he asked how you pay for a mission and we told him. He then said that he better start saving his money!!! It is just a matter of time. Transfer meeting is today. I am staying in Scripps Ranch (Miramar) but Sister Fesolai is leaving. I am a little nervous about being the "experienced" one-aka the one who is supposed to know how to find addresses and where we need to go. I've never been so good with street names so we'll see what happens. I'll let you know about the new companion....Well, things here are going and I'm keeping up with it. Brother Kunz is still a favorite member. He is such a good man and really takes care of me here. I know I can call him if I ever need anything. I will try to send pictures soon of the Overlies and the temple. I hope all is well with you all. I love you lots. Oh and Ryon Bingham is in my ward and I'm eating there next month. He plays football for the Chargers- My claim to fame!!!!! I love you all!
Sister London
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lori - I'm so happy I found your blog !! It was linked on Katie's and now it's on mine. Keep up the great work. You are the best.
ReplyDeleteLove
Gwen