Tuesday, April 20, 2010

6 more weeks....here I come!!!

[Editor's note: Sorry for the slack in postings. I'll update now and try to do better in staying on top of things!]

Hey Ya'll
I'm staying here for another transfer! Yes, that will mean that after the next 6 week transfer I will have been here in my first area for 6 months! Sister Harrison is going home after this transfer so it is more than likely that I will still stay another to help a new sister figure out the area before I move on. That will mean I'll have been in my first area for 7.5 months which is pretty uncommon. I'm glad to be staying, I love this area and my ward is incredible. We have picked up about 12 new investigators in the past 2 weeks which is fun! Some of them even speak English now that I'm getting used to using my mad Spanish skills! There is this guy from Brigham City ( random I know). He was up on his apartment balcony smoking when we started talking to him. He was reluctant at first but after we found out where he was from and started talking about common things-me going to USU and both of us being from Utah, he opened up a bit and agreed to let us come again. We took a 27 year old sister with us who is in the marines to the lesson and it was perfect because he used to be a marine and she had some great experiences that she shared with him. I'm amazed at the power members have to make a difference. I honestly don't know if he'd have listened to us without her being there. So my member family and friends......go with the missionaries to appointments and share your experiences with their investigators- it is what makes the difference!!!!! Anyways, he is very objective in the way he views things and is pretty set on his opinions of why he doesn't need the church. He doesn't want to believe and he doesn't want to not believe. He's scared he'll believe but I think deep down he already does. It's fun to teach someone who already know so much because you can get deeper into things. I have a lot of faith in him being converted and finding so much more happiness in his life.
On the sad side of things, Santiago moved. He missed an appointment with our mission president which isn't like him and we couldn't get a hold of him. Come to find out, his brother found a job for him in Riverside so he moved. He didn't even tell us or say goodbye. On the bright side, we are praying they have a spanish branch and missionaries there for him. It will help him so much to be able to understand what is happening at church. The Lord will provide a way for him. We have taught a few families this week which has been fun. There is so much more to life and such happiness that can be ours as we live the gospel. I love seeing it change people.
Hannah Bannana, as I call her, (the 9 year old whose parents' are less active) is so fun. We have so much fun teaching her. Whenever we talk about the Holy Ghost or the blessings that can give us power and strength she puts her arms up in the air and does a little dance while she says loudly, "I've got the POWER!!!!" It is so funny and she's got us doing it all the time now too. Another crazy thing is we found out our investigator Tony, is brothers with another investigators boyfriend Eldin who supposedly is a member! The connections are crazy. I think the Lord is just double checking that we teach this family. We also got to help Sister Chapman this week, her son is struggling so we rounded up some food for her to give him. She doesn't have much herself yet she still wants to help. She may not be ready for the gospel yet but she trusts us and knows there is something different about us and that we will help her. I still love Neveah her grandaughter. She and Kyra would love to play with each other. Maybe someday. Well, I love you all so much. Keep chugging along in your busy lives and know that the Lord is the engineer whose driving!
Love ya,
Sister London

No comments:

Post a Comment