As far as investigators go we are having a blast sharing the gospel with them. I love how many great people I get to meet from all over the world. For example....last night we sat in the apartment of a man from India who shared all sorts of fascinating things with us. He is a sweet old man who loves his home land. He told us all about his guru and we told him all about the prophet. He's pretty funny and I wish I could better understand what he is saying but when he laughs, you can't help but laugh along with him. He is pretty into Hinduism but he agreed to read the Book of Mormon! We also met with another lady from India earlier who we contacted last week. Her husband is here working for a few years like many men from India do. They have a 5 year old son. She is pretty fascinating. She is the only one in her family who believes in Jesus Christ. She has received a lot of grief about it as you can imagine. Her husband doesn't even really support her but will let her go to whatever church she wants, he just won't go with her. It was pretty neat because it is fairly uncommon for us to find someone from India who believes in Christ already. The only problem now is that we need to find a translater and that is near impossible. However, she is ready to hear the gospel so somehow it will work out! The guy from Brigham city is still letting us teach him. We straight up told him why we were there last week and that if he really wasn't into it we could leave him alone. He said he was willing to hear the lessons. That is a huge step-it is a big deal that he is finally attempting to open up a little. He over-analyzes everything, so it has been interesting but I have great faith that he already knows that it is true and he just has to be reassured a little.
Today we got to go out of our area to Target so I could get my watch fixed. It was like being in a completely different world. It's so wierd how quickly you get into the missionary mode.
Today we got to go out of our area to Target so I could get my watch fixed. It was like being in a completely different world. It's so wierd how quickly you get into the missionary mode.
So apparently all of my friends and relatives are getting married or having babies!!!! Natalie is getting married????? Heather is having a kid in July?????? What is happening to all of you? Don't you know you are supposed to put your lives on hold for another year? I better get pictures!!!! I am also freaking out a little that my 2 darling nephews Alex and Kader will be turning 16!!!!!!!!!! I was just barely 16!!!!!!!!!!! I'm bummed I can't be there but I guess I'll just leave the 3 months of scary permit driving with the boys to all of you! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!! Well, sorry this is a scatter brained email. I love you all and am loving my mission. Thanks for all the love and support. Feel free to write anytime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pictures:
No comments:
Post a Comment