Tuesday, August 10, 2010

New Frigde!!

We got a new fridge! Today we got a new fridge because while attempting to defrost ours this week we hit a tube we shouldn't have and so we needed a new fridge. It was pretty exciting because after a week of not having one we realized how much we rely on simple things like a way to keep our food cold.
Khris got confirmed this week which was great. She is a really sweet girl. It was so cool because right after she spoke in sacrament and the once shy/quiet girl acted like it was completely natural for her to be up there talking. It was so cool becasue it was just a 5 minute transformation that happened just after she received the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was a testimony builder for me. The gospel is so cool. Mike got the priesthood this week too which is super cool. I'm going to miss him. He is leaving for Rice University in Texas this week for school. I am still loving it. I love this area. Transfers are in two week so we'll see how much longer I get to stay in paradise.
There are some really cool guys in the singles ward who are just coming back to church and it is so cool to see how happy doing what is right makes them. It is a really neat thing. It's cool because one of them, Joe, is like the brother I never had. He is so much fun and pumped up about the gospel. We have so much fun reading a cool scripture and then high fiving because it is so cool- we get pretty excited. I'm making a lot of great lifetime friends. I still am amazed by how many people I have come in contact with from around the world. We are now teaching Franz. He is from South Africa and the boyfriend of a recent convert. He is so awesome and has had a ton of really cool spiritual experiences in his lifetime. People really are being prepared to hear the gospel. I love that I get to be the mouthpiece that is there at the right time and right place. The weather here in Dana Point is perfect but I'm sad to admit that I'm not getting much of a tan. It really isn't ever that hot here. But believe me, I'm not complaining becasue I love it and I could be somewhere inland where it is 20-30 degrees hotter. I can't believe school is almost starting again. That is crazy. My companion keeps making fun of me because I jump everytime I see a little lizard run across the sidewalk...they are everywhere. Hey at least I can keep her entertained. Sister Early left to go back to Belgium so she will be missed. I learned a lot from her. Well, family....I hope you enjoy the last few days of summer vacation. I hope you all got a chance to slip n slide this year!
Love Sister London

No comments:

Post a Comment