Hi everyone! I hope you had a great Christmas! It was so great to talk to all of you on Christmas. I'm sad I wasn't there but I'm sure you all thought of me while you were eating my turtles!!!! Thanks for those by the way mom....my comp thinks I'm crazy because I was so excited and I ate two in a row. The Quinns- the family we live with- gave us each a box of chocolates and my comp thought I was again crazy as I took a bite of each one so I could find the caramel one. Can you believe that there was not one caramel one? So I just ate another turtle. I think I like caramel. Thanks all of you for the great packages. It really did make it easier to handle being away. I can't believe the difference it makes when I get something in the mail. It really does keep me going another day because believe me...it's not always easy. Because my companion had kidney stones, the days after Christmas were not as structured as usual and it got us off schedule a bit. [Lori and her companion spent most of Christmas Eve in the emergency room because of the kidney stones] We have finally gotten into the swing of things again. Our Native American investigator came to church which was a huge miracle. He was sent by his tribe to find a church and told he couldn't be baptized. He is perhaps the most in-tune man I have ever met. He looks into your eyes to see if you are telling the truth and there is so much power there when we teach him. The other day we had a really spiritual lesson with him. Sadly he is moving in the middle of January. Yesterday when planning I got the impression that we need to ask him to be baptized tomorrow. It was such a strong feeling. He is up against huge odds. His tribe, family, and entire lifestyle could be in jeopardy. I know he knows the church is true. He will accept. He has to. One thing about missionary work is that we as missionaries have to have faith strong enough to support our investigators. If we believe it can happen, it will. Ryan is also progressing well. He is a very interesting man. I'll try and send a picture soon so you can know who I'm talking about. The story of how he came to be an investigator is pretty neat. At a zone conference the mission president gave all a challenge (before I got here) to take a Book of Mormon and go in 2 hours and find a new investigator. The two sisters went to Ryan's neighbors house to check on an old prospect. They turned to leave and felt an impression to knock on Ryan's door instead because the other man wasn't home. Ryan answered- a huge man with a giant scar across his head. The sisters were a bit taken aback but continued talking and told him about the Book of Mormon. Ryan told them that it was a miracle because he was studying religion and there was only one book out of 20-30 that he didn't have and was looking for- the Book of Mormon. He let them in and they continued teaching him. He dropped the missionaries twice and when I came back he'd called and asked us to come again. One week later he decided to be baptized. He still is learning and growing but there is no doubt he is where he needs to be. Oh, it's so cool!!!! Believe me these things don't happen everyday. Tracting and contacting yield little but it is all worth it when something like this happens. If Ryan and John are the only people I teach on my mission it will be more than worth it. Thanks for all of your love and support. It is what keeps me going on. I hope you all have a great holiday break and that New Years is tons of fun. I love you all lots and lots!
Love,
Sister London
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment