Hello family,
I'm by the OCEAN!!!!! I am now in Dana Point which is so fun because this is one of the places I came when I was here last March for Spring Break so it was somewhat familiar. It is beautiful minus the fact that I'm here for June Gloom which means that it is overcast almost everyday and every now and then it burns off but it is still pretty foggy and hard to tell the difference between the sky and the ocean. However, it is a lot cooler than Mira Mesa was so I am appreciative of that and it is just so cool knowing the ocean is here so close. I think everyone here drives either a lexus, mercedes, or a BMW. It's going to be a shocker to come back to mini van world!!!! I am companions with Sister Denny who I was at the MTC with! It has been fun not having to get to know each other and just being able to start into the work. She is originally from Afton, Wyo. but her parents just moved to South Jordan. I live in a super cute apartment that is only a three minute walk from the ocean so I am enjoying it because I can gurarantee I'll never be rich enough to live somewhere like this again. We are over a family ward and a singles ward!!!! I was so excited about the singles ward because the work there is always on fire. In just a week two members have brought friends to an activity and they want to learn more!!!! Bishop Lark is a nut with a ton of energy and it is just fun to be with others my own age and share the gospel with them. The family ward is struggling a little more with the work.. I think it comes down to motivation. A ward can become so much more unified when misisonary work is going well so I have high hopes. It's cool because my last companion Sister Harrison was here for 7 months before she came to Mira Mesa so everyone knows her and Sister Fesolai was here the last transfer before she went home. Basically, we've all just switched around! I am crazy busy lately and going a little crazy trying to find my way around this place. Luckily, someone let us borrow a gps! What a lifesaver!!!! I've met some super fun members and am excited for this area. I hope you are all doing well. I miss you all and hope you enjoy the first part of summer. Keep writing letters- I must say it's dwindled a bit lately. If you write me, I'll write you....deal?????? I get to go to the Newport Beach temple today! I love you all. This is God's church on the earth again!
Love, Sister London
No comments:
Post a Comment