Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Interesting people


Here is a funny story that I will be sure to email Ryan about. We were in a park the other day sitting on a bench going over some planning stuff and a guy approached wearing a little skirt- super short, a tight man t-shirt, a red baseball cap, and he had red painted toenails. Ok, so I hate to admit it but even as a missionary my first thought was, "yeah, that's weird and he's not going to be interested" So we were about to pass and I don't remember how but somehow we started talking to him. He is from Jerusalem but has lived here 20 or so years. He has multiple master degrees, is on his second marriage, and works for the state as an engineer. Come to find out he was fascinating and really interested. He got our number and after kissing our hands goodbye (out of respect so he said) we left only to realize that we didn't get his info. I was pretty bummed but the next day he called and wanted to learn more about mormons- about everything so that maybe he could become one!!!! We couldn't meet that day but tonight we are going to see him. It's pretty funny because I think he doesn't realize what he is getting himself into. I'm really hoping that he is not a creepy guy but really just genuinely wanting to know more. Also, last night we passed a guy at a bus stop who told us that we looked pretty down and should smoke some herbs. I think that was my first drug offer. All sort of great things in California. I love it here, I really do. It actually is a really safe city and I love the ocean though I can't see it as closely as I would like to. I think that I am getting lost more and more in the work because I don't thing about not getting lost in the work anymore. I love the singles ward and being around such fun people all the time. We are also teaching an awesome lady susan and her two daughters Samantha 11 and Lily 7. Susan holds a sign at a street corner for money and lives in a motel. She is the sweetest lady and such a good mom and woman. It's given me perspective about how everyone is a child of God. We just got done having lunch with them. It was so fun to see them so excited to get whatever they wanted. I love being here. It is the best thing I've ever done. I don't know how I will ever leave. Thanks for all of the prayers and the support. I know God answers prayers. There is this YSA girl who just got baptized who kept asking her boss for Sunday's off and he wouldn't budge. We met with her last week and told her to pray about it and to ask for help to know how to approach her boss. She did and he said he would give her Sunday's off!!!!! Miracles!!!!!!!!! Small and big, they are there for us. The Lord already has them prepared, we just have to ask for them. Well, gotta go but I love you lots and lots!!!

Love, Sister London

No comments:

Post a Comment